First of all, I never got to wrap up my take on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida. Here are my final thoughts:
- The Forbidden Journey ride was better than I originally gave it credit for. It's actually quite scary and I'm interested to see how the younger audience reacts to it.
- Take a deep breath before you get on because you're bound to miss something. The ride throws so much at you so fast; I believe that's why I felt a little disappointed after the first ride. After riding it multiple times though, I was able to absorb each aspect of the ride in better detail.
- The queue leading up to the Forbidden Journey ride is simply phenomenal. You truly feel as if you've stepped into the world of Harry Potter.
- The food was definitely one of the highlights. Butterbeer is awesome. Pumpkin Juice was better than I expected.
- Chocolate frogs were a disappointment.
- The shops are incredibly detailed and offer an incredible selection of merchandise. If you're a big HP fan, you definitely have to restrain from overspending.
- They need more room and they know it. I really feel this is just the beginning of something much bigger for Universal.
As for Deathly Hallows part 1, I absolutely cannot wait. I'm still finalizing my plans, but I will most definitely be going to a midnight showing. I also plan on reading book 7 one more time before the film releases. Expect more soon. In the meantime, go check out the Deathly Hallows trailers...simply AMAZING.